Monday, April 03, 2006

Nice Weather and the beginning of April (Part 1)

I really should have posted something over the weekend so that I didn't have so much to write about today, so I will do this weekend in 2 parts.

I had the day off on Friday and the weather was gorgeous! However, it all started with an unexpected Thursday night! A bunch of people from work usually go to HH on Thursday nights, but since I usually go out a bit later in the night, I don't go to HH. Last week I wasn't really feeling like going out much on Thursday, so I thought that I would just go to HH instead. Plus it was down the street from me at Bungalow Billiards. It couldn't have been more convenient. So I took the dogs off to the dog park for some exercise before heading down the street.

Bungalow was pretty crowded and I am not sure if it was because of the nice weather or because of the $1 domestic bottles. We managed to get a dart board after a little while and I managed to pull out a win at cricket. I started very slowly, getting behind early, but made a late surge. I thought my surge was in jeopardy when I was down to only the Bull and couldn't hit it at all, but as soon as I didn't think about it, I had won! The problem with a busy Bungalow is the fact that I didn't get any dinner. I had no problems getting beer though. Everytime I would go up to the bar, Jenn would have a new bottle ready for me.

Now this, in combination with the fact that I neglected to eat anything, caused me to lose sight of the fact that I was supposed to go home after HH so that I could get up and do stuff on Friday, my day off. Well, some minor convincing, and not much willpower by me, caused me to head up to Clarendon at about 9:30 with some of the guys. We started off going to RiRa, which is where the old hardware store used to be. This was a bit of a shock to me. I had no idea that they had closed and I would not let it go the whole time we were there.

We quickly tired of RiRa, which was not happening at all and headed off to Mr. Days. I had not been there in a while, but not much had changed. I am not sure how long we stayed there, but I think at about 12 or so we headed off to the Silver Diner to get that much needed dinner that I had neglected to eat earlier in the night. I straggled back into the house about 1 to 1:30, let the dogs out, and then decided that it would be a great idea to check my email. Well, when I woke up at about 4:30, my computer still on, and I was still sitting in my chair, I knew that was a bad idea. I immediately got undressed and into bed, since I needed to get up at about 8:00.

I had 2 things planned during my day off. The first was to go to the DMV to get my bike registered in VA so that I could ride it again and then I was headed mtn. biking up in MD with a group from MORE. I was a little late getting up. If you need an explanation of why, you must have missed out on my previous paragraphs. Then I got caught talking with Mom. I still had enough time, as long as things went smoothly at the DMV and fortunately they did. I was able to get my plate, get a few bites to eat, and make it to the parking lot in MD right at 11:00.

I was there a bit earlier than the others to ride with someone who was new to mtn. biking, so fortunately I was taking it easy on my body the first hour or so. I definitely needed that because I was a little bit hungover. As the afternoon wore on and people dropped off the group, the pace of the ride sped up. I was getting some of my balance back and ready to tackle the trails a bit more, so that was a good thing. It was a gorgeous day in the woods and even a bit warmer than I was expecting. I downed all the water I had with me. What a great start it was to the weekend and a perfect way to spend my day off!!

No comments: